Holy Cross School
HOLY Cross School, a minority institution under Article 30 of Indian constitution was established in 1994 and is administered by the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod, a registered charitable society. The school is under the religious jurisdiction of Catholic Bishop of Baruipur.
The congregation of the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod was founded by Mother Claudine Echernier and Father Peter Mermier in 1838 at Chavanod in France, in the 19th Century. As a result of the French Revolution , ignorance, misery and poverty prevailed. The deplorable situation of the young girls touched the heart of Mother Claudine Echernier. Strengthened by the love of christ who gave his life for salvation of all and inspired buy the courage of Mary at the foot of the Cross, Mother Caludine involved herself in eradicating ignorance and misery. With the Support of Fr. Peter Mermier, Mother started this congregation, dedicated to serve the needy and to educate the youth to transform the society.
Born Holy Cross School, Baruipur in the year 1994.
Celebrate Teacher Day on 5th september.
At these schools, at least 42 percent of accepted students enrolled in sports.
Celebrate Childrens Day by giving awards.